Alaska Triathlon Youth Scholarship
- Application period runs from November 1st to December 31st of each year. Applications & essays must be postmarked by or received at the address above by December 31st.
- All information will be corroborated with the school counselor.
- Additional information in response to questions #2-5 may be submitted on one (1) separate sheet of paper.
- One $500 scholarship will be awarded to each, one male and one female.
- Award distribution will be directly to the college or other post-secondary education facility of choice for the award recipient to be used for school related expenses. In the case of a high school junior, the award will be held by the ATC until distribution can be made.
- The award recipient must enroll in a minimum of 8 semester hours of coursework during the semester in which the scholarship is recorded or quarter or trimester equivalent.
Minimum criteria for scholarship:
- At least two years documented involvement with triathlon prior to application deadline, including participation in at least 4 triathlons.
- Applicant must be either a Junior or Senior in high school or currently attending college and no older than 20 years of age by December 31 of the year of application.
- Applicant must be an Alaskan resident.
- Applicant must be a current member in good standing of the ATC for at least one calendar year prior to the application deadline.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Completed application, essay, transcript(s), and letters of recommendation (Note: essays become the property of ATC and may be used in full or in part for club and/or newspaper publications).
- All above-stated minimum requirements must be maintained by the successful applicant until the date which monies are distributed.
Considerations during selection process:
- Enthusiasm for and involvement with triathlon
- Community involvement/service
- Academic ability
- Healthy lifestyle
- Ability to surmount obstacles in order to achieve goals